St George's Church East Boldon War Memorial

A painting dedicated to those who fought in WW1 donated by John Hanson Walker as indicated by the Wall plaque written in Art Nouveau style Relief.

There is a mosaic running the length of the wall, in the centre is Christ in glory with the word “Pax” (peace) above his head. Kneeling to the left is Saint George, with the badge of England on shield. Kneeling to the right is a soldier with a badge bearing a wheel.

This was dedicated by Thomas Lee Pippet and his wife in memory of their son Thomas Noye and of all from Boldon who gave their lives in the Great War 1914-1918

email :